When selecting a Qualified Intermediary, the Exchanger must feel confident that their Qualified Intermediary is a professional company with the competence and commitment to provide high quality service and security for exchange funds. Through our national network of offices, IPX1031 has developed a reputation as the industry leader in IRC §1031 Qualified Intermediary services.
Safety and security of exchange funds is a matter of paramount importance. IPX1031 routinely provides customers with the following superior safety and security controls for exchange funds:
- $100 million Fidelity Bond
- $50 million third party corporate performance guarantee
- $30 million in Errors & Omissions insurance
- Exchange funds are held in segregated bank accounts for the benefit of the named Exchanger, using the Exchanger’s taxpayer identification number
- Disbursement of exchange funds requires written authorization from the Exchanger
- Disbursements require dual authorization and are controlled by our separate Banking Division; sales and administrative staff have no authority or ability to transfer funds
- Regular reconciliation of exchange fund balances by our Banking staff and our parent company
- As part of a large publicly-traded corporation, we are subject to audits, controls and a level of financial transparency about the entire organization that is not required of privately held businesses
- To increase security as well as provide increased convenience to our exchange customers, we have chosen the use of an electronic platform (utilizing two factor authentication) as the preferred delivery method for exchange documents
Expertise & Service
Our depth of technical expertise and practical experience has developed over many years. Additionally, our professionalism and commitment to our customers are demonstrated every day by the following.
- Regional attorneys and experienced staff available to provide guidance for real estate exchanges, including delayed, simultaneous, improvement, and reverse exchanges
- Sales Executives located throughout the country available for accredited continuing education seminars and complimentary exchange consultations
- Efficient preparation of exchange documents
- Member and leadership role in the Federation of Exchange Accommodators (FEA), the national trade association of 1031 Qualified Intermediaries
IPX1031 is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (NYSE:FNF) which is a leading provider of title insurance, mortgage services and diversified services. FNF is the nation’s largest title insurance company through its title insurance underwriters – Fidelity National Title, Chicago Title, Commonwealth Land Title, Alamo Title and National Title of New York – that collectively issue more title insurance policies than any other title company in the United States.