When selecting a Qualified Intermediary, the Exchanger must feel confident that their Qualified Intermediary is a professional company with the competence and commitment to provide high quality service and security for exchange funds. Through our national network of offices, IPX1031 has developed a reputation as the industry leader in IRC §1031 Qualified Intermediary services.
Safety and security of exchange funds is a matter of paramount importance. IPX1031 routinely provides customers with the following superior safety and security controls for exchange funds:
- $100 million Fidelity Bond
- $50 million third party corporate performance guarantee
- $30 million in Errors & Omissions insurance
- Exchange funds are held in segregated bank accounts for the benefit of the named Exchanger, using the Exchanger’s taxpayer identification number
- Disbursement of exchange funds requires written authorization from the Exchanger
- Disbursements require dual authorization and are controlled by our separate Banking Division; sales and administrative staff have no authority or ability to transfer funds
- Regular reconciliation of exchange fund balances by our Banking staff and our parent company
- As part of a large publicly-traded corporation, we are subject to audits, controls and a level of financial transparency about the entire organization that is not required of privately held businesses
Expertise & Service
Our depth of technical expertise and practical experience has developed over many years. Additionally, our professionalism and commitment to our customers are demonstrated every day by the following.
- Regional attorneys and experienced staff available to provide guidance for real estate exchanges, including delayed, simultaneous, improvement, and reverse exchanges
- Sales Executives located throughout the country available for accredited continuing education seminars and complimentary exchange consultations
- Efficient preparation of exchange documents
- Member and leadership role in the Federation of Exchange Accommodators (FEA), the national trade association of 1031 Qualified Intermediaries
IPX1031 is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (NYSE:FNF) which is a leading provider of title insurance, mortgage services and diversified services. FNF is the nation’s largest title insurance company through its title insurance underwriters – Fidelity National Title, Chicago Title, Commonwealth Land Title, Alamo Title and National Title of New York – that collectively issue more title insurance policies than any other title company in the United States.