The Opportunity Zones incentive is a new community investment tool established by Congress in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 to encourage long-term investments in low-income urban and rural areas nationwide. Opportunity Zones provide a tax incentive for investors to re-invest their unrealized capital gains into dedicated Opportunity Funds. A 1031 exchange allows the owner of investment real estate to defer paying capital gains taxes when property is sold by purchasing new investment real estate. The below chart highlights some of the differences between the two tax deferral strategies.
- Reverse 1031 Solutions in a Challenging Market
- How to Maximize 1031 Vacation and Rental Property During Pandemic Times
- No Change as IRS Finally Clarifies COVID-19 Disaster Relief for 1031 Exchanges
- How Americans Plan to Vacation During Covid-19
- Options if Your 1031 Exchange Property Has Been Impacted by COVID-19
IPX1031 is a full service Qualified Intermediary with highly specialized exchange divisions to handle any type of exchange transaction nationwide.